Giving to SDSU Physics
The Dept. of Physics appreciate the continuing support of it’s alumni. We also appreciate the local San Diego high-tech companies who provide both monetary and in-kind donations in recognition of the service that we provide to the region through our well-trained graduates.
Financial Donations of all sizes can be made securely here. For further info, contact the Department of Physics Chair, or the College of Science Director of Development Stacy Carota via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail
Director of Development, College of Sciences
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182
- MHP Fund: The Medical Health Physics Graduate program trains the next generation of Medical Physicists in Southern California.
- Industrial Affiliate Program for Optics: Our optics program has a costly set of laser laboratories to train our Masters and Undergraduate students.
- Doc Morris Public Lecture Series is a yearly public lecture which is both FREE, and aimed at the wider San Diego Community. Since 2005 this event had attracted interest from our local high-schools, community colleges, and other universities, as well as on-campus. The cost of this event can be significant, involving the speaker’s transport, accommodation and meals along with associated marketing costs. A reception is held before-hand as a thankyou to all of that years donors to the Department.
- The John B. Ferguson Memorial Fund: This fund provides grants to upper division Physics majors to pay for their textbooks. The John B. Ferguson Fund will provide a lasting memory of John while helping our students.
- General Physics Fund: Not very glamorous, but this provides for Coffee and Cookies at our weekly Research Colloquia, and our end-of-semester and xmas parties which are thankyou’s to the many Graduate Teaching Assistants, Lecturers and our Staff.