Giving to SDSU Physics
The Dept. of Physics appreciate the continuing support of it’s alumni. We also appreciate the local San Diego high-tech companies who provide both monetary and in-kind donations in recognition of the service that we provide to the region through our well-trained graduates.
Financial Donations of all sizes can be made securely on the university’s give-online website. For further info, contact the Department of Physics Chair, or the College of Science Director of Development Stacy Carota via email at
email@example.com or by regular mail
Director of Development, College of Sciences
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182
- MHP Fund: The Medical Health Physics Graduate program trains the next generation of Medical Physicists in Southern California.
- Industrial Affiliate Program for Optics: Our optics program has a costly set of laser laboratories to train our Masters and Undergraduate students.
- Doc Morris Public Lecture Series is a yearly public lecture which is both FREE, and aimed at the wider San Diego Community. Since 2005 this event had attracted interest from our local high-schools, community colleges, and other universities, as well as on-campus. The cost of this event can be significant, involving the speaker’s transport, accommodation and meals along with associated marketing costs. A reception is held before-hand as a thankyou to all of that years donors to the Department.
- The John B. Ferguson Memorial Fund: This fund provides grants to upper division Physics majors to pay for their textbooks. The John B. Ferguson Fund will provide a lasting memory of John while helping our students.
- General Physics Fund: Not very glamorous, but this provides for Coffee and Cookies at our weekly Research Colloquia, and our end-of-semester and xmas parties which are thankyou’s to the many Graduate Teaching Assistants, Lecturers and our Staff.