The Center for Energy Studies (CES) was founded in 1981 to facilitate, promote and support research and academic programs relating to the study of energy and its impact on society. Particular emphasis has been placed on issues of concern to the San Diego region, including the border region with Mexico. The Center provides a forum for faculty, students and researchers from different disciplines to cooperate in the study of matters relating to the technical, economic and environmental aspects of energy use. The Director is Dr. Alan Sweedler.
Center For Energy Studies Projects:
- California’s first grid-connected photovolatic house,
- An analysis of the energy sector in San Diego Region and a plan for energy use to the year 2010,
- A study of the energy sector in Baja California,
- Establishment of the San Diego Regional Energy Office,
- Analysis of Air Emissions from Heavy-Duty Trucks Entering California from Mexico,
- A study of energy issues in the San Diego-Tijuana Region,
- Environmental Impacts of Power Plants in the Baja California Region,
- Development of a bi-national data base in the US-Mexico border region relating to energy & air pollution.
For further information contact Alan Sweedler via e-mail: Alan.Sweedler@sdsu.edu.
Or via regular mail at:Center for Energy Studies College of Sciences San Diego State University San Diego, CA 92182-1233